By @MichaelCaples –
So, there’s some epic stuff and some hilarious stuff available through the Joe Louis Arena online auction.
The “highlights” are below:
- The “Al the Octopus” 10 foot by 10 foot by 8 foot creature that hung from the rafters – imagine having that in your man cave.
- Locker stalls from a bunch of players – yeah, you know you want one.
- The toaster from the players’ lounge – toast your bread like a champion.
- The game countdown clock from the locker room – that’d be an awesome timer for your kitchen.
- The warning sign in the players’ sauna – don’t overheat.
- Restroom entrance signs – No signs of the ‘troughs’ though…yet. We’re still reading.
- Door header leading into the locker room – Yeah, that’s just awesome.
- Chairs from the coaches’ office – Can’t verify which coach sat in which seat though.
- Stanley Cup Final signs – Remember the good times.
- The glass pictures from outside the rooms – If you haven’t seen those, they’re pretty cool; the hallway served as a little Red Wings Hall of Fame.
- Seating section signs – So you can properly separate your living room.
- “Alcohol may not be removed from the building” signs – Going to assume that these will be the most expensive things when the bidding is done.
- Parrot from Daiquiri Bar – No caption necessary.
- Glass signs from concourse – Some iconic shots of No. 9 and others that anyone familiar with The Joe would recognize…really cool.
- “Ice Quality” sign – The NHL and the NHLPA sign spelling out the expected ice conditions…great gift for the local rink Zamboni driver.
We’re still combing through this…