DTE substation explosion leads to fire near Plymouth Cultural Center


Photo from the Northville and Plymouth Fire Dept. Facebook page


By @MichaelCaples –

A DTE substation located behind the Plymouth Cultural Center exploded Wednesday evening, leading to a substantial fire close to the ice arena.

While multiple news reports say nearly the entire City of Plymouth is without power, the good news is that appears no one was injured…and that the rink wasn’t, either.

Thanks to Griffin Hickman for sharing some information:

Here’s more from Channel 7:

MiHockey Staff

Welcome to MiHockey, your source for all things hockey in Michigan.