By @MichaelCaples –
USA Hockey has announced the rosters for the two teams that will be participating in the inaugural BioSteel All-American Game in Plymouth next month.
The new event, which has combined the All-American Prospects Game and the USHL Top Prospects Game, will feature 43 of the top NHL Draft-eligible American players at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth on Jan. 20 at 7 p.m.
An all-star team from the USHL will take on USA Hockey’s National Team Development Program Under-18 Team in the contest. Here are all the Michigan names invited to represent the USHL squad:
- Ryan Beck – Linden, Mich. – Denver commit
- Patrick Guzzo – Marysville, Mich. – Ohio State commit
- Aidan McCarthy – Novi, Mich. – Not yet committed
- Ryder Rolston – Birmingham, Mich. – Notre Dame commit, NTDP alum
- Mitchell Miller – Sylvania, Ohio – Compuware, HoneyBaked alum
- Logan Stein – Suwanee, Ga. – Oakland Jr. Grizzlies alum, Ferris State commit
- Alex Gaffney – West Orange, N.J. – Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Hank Kempf – Chicago, Ill. – Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Brendan Brisson – Manhattan Beach, Calif. – Michigan commit
- Carson Bantle – Onalaska, Wisc. – Michigan Tech commit
- Sean Farrell – Hopkinton, Mass. – NTDP alum
Michigan leads the way with four invitees, not including the players listed above who suited up for Michigan-based youth programs before joining the USHL.
The NTDP Under-18 Team features Michigan names, as well, creating a substantial names-to-watch list for the Great Lakes State’s hockey audience in January.
- Jacob Truscott – Port Huron, Mich. – Michigan commit
- Tanner Latsch – Muskegon, Mich. – Not yet committed
- Thomas Bordeleau – Houston, Texas – Michigan commit
- Zakary Karpa – Newport Beach, Calif. – HoneyBaked alum
- Ty Smilanic – Denver, Colo. – Little Caesars, Belle Tire alum