By @StefanKubus –
The USHL has announced its 30-man rosters and affiliate lists for the upcoming 2018-19 campaign.
The league’s member clubs will still need to make cuts to get to their 23-man protected list by Sept. 24 ahead of the start of the regular season. The 23-man protected lists must follow the league’s regular season roster regulations, which include:
- Teams must carry a minimum of three U18 players (2001 or 2002 birth years) on their active roster at all times.
- Teams must carry at least two goaltenders on their active roster at all times.
- Teams cannot carry more than five 20-year-olds on their active roster at a time, which must be reduced to four by the third weekend of the regular season. Goalies do not count toward the 20-year-old player limit.
- Teams cannot carry more than four import players on their roster at one time.
- Teams can only carry one import goaltender on their roster at one time.
- A team is permitted to carry up to two Canadian import skaters (non-goaltenders) that will not count towards the aforementioned four import player limit.
- Starting this season, any import goaltender, including a Canadian goaltender, will count as two players toward the four import player limit.
Players on both the 30-man protected and affiliate lists are eligible to play in USHL preseason games.
The Muskegon Lumberjacks’ roster and affiliate list can be found below: